My sister and brother love this dish. Every time when I go back home to visit my family, they always require me to cook this dish. Many friends come to my home try this dish and ask me how to cook it.
1. Put ribs in a pot, pour into enough water covers all ribs. Turn to high heat. When water boils, take all ribs out. Rinse and drain.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put ribs in the pan. Stir fry till ribs get a litttle golden brown.
3. Add in soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry evenly.
4. Pour into hot water covers ribs. Also add in 2 or 3 star anise and ginger slices. Cover the pan with lid. Turn to low-medium heat.
5. When water reduces to less than 1/3, turn to high heat. Keep stir frying at the same time, till the sauce becomes very condensed and a little burnt on the surface.