It’s Christmas season. I found this great gingerbread man cookie recipe on YouTube.
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Mix all these dry ingredients in a large bowl.
1. Cream 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup sugar till light and creamy.
2. Beat in one large egg.
3. Add in 2/3 cup molasses ( light molasses is used in the video, but I used dark molasses).
4. Add dry ingredients mixture into molasses mixture 1/3 at a time.
5. Chill the dough in the fridge at least 2 hours till it gets firm. ( I put in the fridge for overnight).
6. Roll dough into thin large piece. Use a cutter to cut into gingerbread man shape.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 8-12 mins.