My husband wanted to have beef steak, but we didn’t have any at home. So I cooked Pork Wellington using the recipe of Beef Wellington.
The result was surprisingly good. Pork tested very tender and juicy.
The following is an easy way to cook pork in this way:
1. Season the pork with salt and black pepper.
2. Since the thick steak tests better, I used kitchen twine.
3. Heat some butter in a pan.
4. Put the pork in when the butter is heated. And fry every side of the pork.
5. Frying is done.
6. Stir fry chopped onion, mushroom, and garlic. Add some salt and black pepper powder. ( I don’t have other spices or wine.)
7. Bacon at the bottom, mixture of mushroom and onion in the middle, pork on the top. Do remember to take the kitchen twine off.
8. Roll the pork with bacon and make it a small bun. Wrap it tight and put into fridge for 30 minutes.
9. As to puff pastry, I chose roti prata, which is an easy and quick way.
10. Wrap the pork with roti prata.
11. Put it into fridge for another ten minutes.
12. Preheat oven 200 degree. You can make some decorative pattern on the surface if you want. Then brush it with egg. Put into oven for 20-25 minutes.
13. Dress the dish with some vegetables.
Enjoy your meal!