1. Clean the fish, and make several cut on both sides.
4. Heat a lot oil in the pan. Hold the fish by the tail. Put fish head in oil to fry. Meanwhile, use a spoon to scoop hot oil and pour over fish’s body. Repeat it till the fish becomes hard outside.
5. Put whole fish in the oil and fry till it’s done.
6. Take fish out in the plate.
7. Leave a little oil in the pan. Heat it and put in chopped garlic.
8. Prepare the sweet sour sauce, ratio of sugar: vinegar: water = 2:1:2. Pour sauce into the pan.
9. Add 2 tsp tomato sauce in the pan. Keep stirring.
10. Add a little starchy water in the pan. Quick stir till the sauce becomes condensed.
11. Pour hot sauce onto the fish in the plate.