Beef ( cut into medium pieces)
Potatoes (chopped into medium pieces)
Light soy sauce
Dark soy sauce
1. Beef pieces in boiling water till water gets boiled again. Take beef out, rinse and drain.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Put in 2 or 3 ginger slices. Then put in beef, add a little cooking wine. Stir fry for a while.
3. Put in potato pieces. Stir fry till the edge gets a little golden brown.
4. Add in hot water covers all ingredients. Also add 1 or 2 star anise, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar. Braised with medium heat.
5. When water reduces to less than 1/3 and potatoes become softened. Turn to high height. Keep stir frying till sauce becomes dry.