It should be crispy roast duck, but I only found big ducks in supermarket. So I decided to try with a small chicken.
1. Pour hot boiled water onto whole chicken.
2. Use a bottle ( with water inside) to make chicken stand and dry it. The chicken’s skin will become tightened and bright.
Later you will suffer heated roasting. Please cool as much as you can now.
It will take hours till chicken’s surface is completely dry. So I used a fan to blow directly at the chicken.
3. Prepare the mixed sauce to brush chicken.
Vinegar: 1 tsp
Cooking wine: 2 tsp
Honey: 2 tsp
Water: 2 tsp ( said in original recipe, but I forgot)
4. When the chicken is totally dry. Brush the mixed sauce onto the skin evenly and completely. Then dry it.
5. After chicken’s skin becomes dry, brush again. Dry it.
6. Stuff chicken with Apple chunks ( wet bun also used in original recipe, but I didn’t use it). And close chicken’s bottom with toothpicks.
8. Roast with 170 degree C for 40 mins. Then flip chicken over and roast for 20 mins. ( after totally roasted 60 mins, I found the chicken’s color is still a little light, so I roast it for another 20 mins, with the breast side up. And I also took all the apple chunks out.)
I still think I didn’t dry it longer enough. The skin could be more crispy. But the chicken is tender inside. Very delicious.